COOKIE USAGE POLICY
- What are cookies?
“Cookie” refers to modules and technologies for automated collection of data.
An “Internet Cookie” (also known as “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or simply “cookie”) represents a small file, containing letters and numbers, to be stored on the user’s computer/device.
Cookies are stored by a browsers (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) at the request of the webserver. Once stored cookies have limited lifetime, remaining “passive”, meaning they contain no software, viruses or spyware and cannot access other information from the user’s device.
A cookie is made up from 2 components:
– cookie name
– cookie content (or value)
Technically only the original webserver that sent the cookie may access it again when the user returns to the same website.
- Purpose of cookies on this website
Cookies are used to provide users with a better and personalized experience using this website including services adapted to the needs and interests of each user such as:
- improvement of this webpage including identification of errors during visits
- anonymous statistics regarding the use of the website to S.C. LOGIS ALUMINIUM S.R.L. as owner of the site.
- anticipating future goods to be provided the users according to services/goods visited/used
Using cookie feedback on the use of the website S.C. LOGIS ALUMINIUM S.R.L. can improve the website for better efficiency and user accessibility.
Using cookies the website can retain certain preferences/settings for the user such as:
- display language
- currency used to show prices
- account authentication and session management
- posting comments
- What is the lifetime of a cookie?
Cookie lifetime may vary significantly depending on it’s purpose. The following categories exists that determine cookie lifetime:
- Session cookie – deleted whenever the user’s browser is closed.
- Persistent cookie – remains stored on the user’s device until it reaches a predefined expiration date (may be minutes, days or years into the future) or until manually deleted by the user through browser settings.
- What are third party cookies?
Some content in a page may be provided through third parties, that is not by S.C. LOGIS ALUMINIUM S.R.L., in which case further cookies may be stored by said third parties (“third party cookies”).
Third parties using cookies must comply with data protection rules and terms and conditions of this website.
Such cookies may originate from providers such as Google Analytics, Facebook.
- What cookies are used by this website?
Using this website the following cookies may be stored:
1. webpage performance cookies
2. user analysis cookies
3. geotargetting cookies
4. registration cookies
5. advertising cookies
6. advertising providers’ cookies
- Performance cookies
These cookies store user preferences for this website such that when visiting again it is not necessary to set such preferences again.
- User analysis cookies
These cookies track for statistic purposes pages on this site previously visited by the user
- Geotargetting cookies
These cookies are used by specialized software to identify the user’s country of origin. Users shall be shown the same ads regardless of language selection.
- Registration cookies
When you register on this website several cookies are saved to store information about your account. These cookies also allows the website to associate your username with comments you post on the site. If you do not check “remember my login” these cookies will be automatically deleted when the browser session ends.
- Advertising cookies
These cookies track ads shown to a user, ad type, elapsed time since the ad was shown. Such cookies are used for targetted online advertising. These cookies are anonymous, storing only information about the displayed content and not about users.
- What information is stored and access through cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows the browser to be recognized. The websites recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
- Configuring cookie options in your browser.
When using cookies is not a concern and the device and browser are yours, you should allow long term storage and long expiration for cookies and browser history.
If you are not the sole user of the device/browser you should consider settings that delete cookies and history upon exiting the browser.
- How can you stop cookies?
Deactivating and refusing cookies may make browsing this website difficult and will limit it’s functionality.
All modern browsers provide configuration options with this regard. These can be accessed in the “Settings” or “Preferences” section/menu of the browser.
Refusing and deactivating cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising, it will only mean such advertising will no longer be tailored to your interests according to your browsing habits.
To better understand these settings the following links may be of help: